Monday, October 12, 2009

Pizza!

I learned how to make this pizza
from my husband's sister!
We eat this pizza once a week, usually.
It's incredibly delicious and very easy!

The recipe includes:

crust
pizza sauce (you can use tomato paste with spices, or we use Ragu's homestyle pizza sauce)
mozzarella cheese
any toppings you would like!

ps. this makes 2 pizza's (using cookie sheets... and yes, your pizza will be square).

...the crust recipe includes:

2-2.5 cups of water (depending on how thick you want the crust. If you want it thick, use 2.5 cups)
1 Tablespoon of yeast (or one packet)
5 Tablespoons of sugar
1 tsp of salt (I think I use a little bit less than that)
1 dump of oil (optional.... I don't use oil in my crust)
5-7 cups flour

To put it together:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Make the crust.
- A. First add water, then yeast.
- B. Let it sit for a minute. Next add the sugar, salt (and oil if you'd like). Mix.
- C. Add flour 1 cup at a time until dough is hard and manageable.
-D. You can either plop the dough onto a greased cookie sheet and knead it into the corners until the dough is even across the sheet- or you can roll the dough out with a rolling pin and then put it on the cookie sheet (I usually just use the plop method, however the rolling pin is much easier..)
3. Add Sauce on top of the crust. (I use a wooden spoon to spread the sauce evenly across the crust.
4. Add a teensy-tiny bit of mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce (I'm really not sure what this step is for, I was just told to do it, but I'm pretty sure you can bypass it if you'd like).
5. Bake for 10 min at 400 degrees
6. Add toppings of choice to pizza
7. Cover toppings in remaining mozzarella cheese
8. Bake for additional 10 minutes

ENJOY!

Some sides to go with your meal:

Honestly, we usually just eat the pizza. I usually try to have a fruit and vegetable with every meal- so just be creative!

1 comment:

  1. We have pizza once a week as well, I use a little different dough though. I saw on Americas Test kitchen how to make deep dish pizza, it is delish.

    ReplyDelete