Sunday, October 18, 2009

Apricot Chicken

I'm starting to realize that we eat chicken a lot.
Sorry if you don't like chicken much,
I'll try to start making more recipes
that include other kinds of meat.

This recipe includes:

8-10 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (we used 4)
1 cup apricot jam or preserves
1 8oz bottle of russian dressing (catalina dressing)
1 package of Lipton onion soup mix

To put it together:

1. Clean the chicken and place in a baking dish (we used a 9 x 13)
2. Mix the jam, dressing, and soup mix together in a separate dish.
3. Pour the mixture on top of the chicken.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, uncovered.

Sides to go with your meal:

My sister in-law always makes the yummiest rice pilaf to go with her apricot chicken (I'll have to find that recipe and post it next time), but I have yet to learn how to make it- so I just used white rice. We also ate broccoli and bananas/grapes with our meal. If I had the time I would have made rolls- so you could try that too! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment