Sunday, October 11, 2009

One-Dish Chicken Supper

This was my first time making a crock-pot meal!
I thought I'd try it out and see how it works.
I tried to pick a recipe that was easy, and seemed familiar.
I also felt like chicken would be the best to start out with.
I got the recipe from a cookbook
we were given for our wedding called,
"Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook"
by Dawn J. Ranck and Phyllis Pellman Good.

The recipe includes:

4 boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves
one 10 3/4-oz. can cream of chicken or celery, or mushroom soup. (I used chicken)
1/3 cup milk
1 pkg. Stove Top stuffing mix (and seasoning packet)
1 2/3 cups water

To put it together:

1. Place chicken in crock-pot (I put the chicken in while it was still frozen (already cleaned))
2. Combine soup and milk in a separate dish. Pour over chicken.
3. Combine stuffing mix (and seasoning packet if seasoning is not already in stuffing mix), and water also in a separate dish. Spoon over chicken.
4. Cover. Cook on Low 6-8 hours. (I cooked it on high for 2 hours, and low for 2 hours)

This recipe was super easy to fix,
and everyone seemed to like it!

Some sides to put with your meal:

We ate rice, rolls, broccoli, and grapes with our dinner. I also combined 1 more can of Cream of Chicken soup with milk in a pan to have extra sauce to pour over the chicken. I think it made it better, but if you're not a "sauce" person, you can probably do without it. Our dinner wasn't anything extremely fancy, but it was filling, yummy, and the best part was- really easy!



*If any part of the instruction was confusing or you have questions, feel free to leave a comment and I will answer you back also in the comment box!

No comments:

Post a Comment