Tuesday, May 24, 2011

cleaning chicken

i hate chicken. i mean, i HATE touching, cleaning, dealing with uncooked chicken, period!  my sisters are all kind of freaked out by raw chicken, and therefore, i have developed quite a phobia of it myself.  unfortunately, we eat chicken at least twice a week, if not more.  we figured out a chicken solution shortly after we were married.  it makes cooking dinner for me 10x easier, and it makes my husband 10x happier that he doesn't have to clean the chicken for me every time!

whenever we buy chicken, we buy it in bulk.  my husband will clean all the chicken and cut it into about 3 ounce pieces.  we then put two- four pieces of the cleaned chicken in a freezer zip-lock bag.  then you throw it all in the freezer! whenever i need chicken for a meal, all i have to do it pull a bag out of the freezer and put it either directly into a baking dish, or directly into a frying pan.  it dramatically minimizes the amount of raw chicken i have to touch!  it also cuts down prep time for dinner in half! (okay maybe not half, but a lot!)

and ta-da!
it works perfect for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment