Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pulkokee

Yeah... I'm not sure how to pronounce the name of this meal either, BUT it is absolutely divine.  It's definitely one of my top 5 favorite meals.  My sister in-law gave my mom this recipe, and now I have possession of it!  It's REALLY easy to make, which makes it all the better!




1 lb. beef, cut in thin strips (we use top sirloin steak)
4 T. brown sugar
2 T. sesame oil
6 T. soy sauce
crushed red pepper (however much you would like- we used 1/4 T)
1 green onion (or not..)
1 glove minced garlic
4 T. sesame seeds
1 T. flour

Add beef, brown sugar, sesame oil, and soy sauce and mix well in large frying pan.  Add remainder of ingredients and mix again.  Let the mixture stand for 15 minutes.  Fry in pan on medium to medium-high heat until meat is brown and cooked through.  Add 1/2- 1 cup of water and mix.  Cover and simmer on low heat until tender. (about 20- 30 minutes)  Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment