Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cookie Bars (copy-cat)

I copied my friend Camille and made these cookie bars that she posted a while back.  Of course I changed it up a bit, as I usually do.  Thanks Camille for the great idea-- they were SO good, I easily could have eaten the entire pan!  Click here for the original recipe.

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup applesauce
3/4 cup brown-sugar
*you can add 1/4 cup white sugar to make them sweeter
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1.5 cup whole wheat flour
1.5 cup oats
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
2 cup chocolate chips

combine butter, sugar, an applesauce.  next add eggs, vanilla, salt, baking soda.  then flour, oats, flaxseed.  stir in chocolate chips.  bake in 8x8 dish at 325 for about 35min.

*basically i just substituted applesauce for butter, took out the white sugar, and added flaxseed.  these ones needed to bake longer, as the applesauce made the batter less thick. try them out! yum!
*next time i make these i am going to try using no butter and all applesauce to see how it works out.  i think it will work out fine! i'll let you know!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I like how you substituted ingredients to make it more healthy. I am going to have to try it for sure with the other good stuff!

    ReplyDelete